Monday, June 24, 2013

CoQ10

I've been lamenting about the fact that even though I have been damn good on my paleo diet - with a couple of slips here and there, my skin has not been as clear and clean as it was during that first month or two (January and February of this year) of paleo... and I've been trying to figure out what might be different.

Yesterday it hit me like a ton of bricks while I was taking my supplements - some I take because I don't eat enough fish (Krill Red) and some I take because I'm perimenopausal (Red Clover, Black Cohosh, Wild Yam, Evening Primrose Oil) and some I take because back in December I moved to day-shift from second shift and I need the eye-openers in the morning (B1, B3, B6, B12).

Back in November my dentist's assistant - sorry, I don't know her exact title... was telling me about how CoQ10 sometimes works to help your gums. She and I were talking about this because she used to work for a holistic dentist in NJ before she moved out here to PA and because she knew that I was trying to be as natural and health conscious as possible in the choices I made for my body. I went to the drug store next door and about fell over with the prices... and of course the higher the dose the higher the price... I bought the lowest dose and took 1 pill a day for 4 months. That was November through February!

Off to the store I will be tomorrow to pick up more CoQ10. I'm already spending a fortune on supplements for perimenopausal symptoms (hot flashes and night sweats!)... if I shift that money (so it's summer, who doesn't sweat?) to the CoQ10 and my skin clears up nicely? Oh yeah!

If, after 4 months of taking the CoQ10 my skin is still reacting to something, I'll look to maybe taking eggs or my beloved hot pepper, chili pepper, chipotle pepper (and on and on) out of my diet. Yes... I said that cutting out the nightshades didn't work for me last year... but in conjunction with all else that I'm doing now I might have to look at it again. It's not cut and dried for everyone (or anyone). This is a "what works best" scenario. I'm looking for overall health and to finally be free of this horrible disease. I hope you all can maybe relate some of the things I am doing to how you might help yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment