Thursday, August 22, 2013

How To Ruin Your Skin with Anger

So it is now August 22 - 17 days past my dermatologist appointment with Dr. Adams at Hershey Medical. In the past 17 days I have been angry. I have laughed out loud at my doctor's stupidity. I have gone back and forth between wondering if he is right and eating differently is no cure and wondering if there is a possibility that I am just in some sort of "remission" time with my skin and that my diet is not effecting a change. In other words, I have been crazy. This leads to crazy decisions and crazy eating that is not based on any logical decision, just impulse. Impulse eating for anyone is not a good idea. Impulse eating for someone who really needs to watch the ingredients of the foods entering her body is not good at all.

First off, impulse eating leads to more impulse eating. It is a domino effect. Once you break down and eat something that you know does not help your health, the easier it is to eat the next thing that you crave... and believe me, you will crave once you eat that first item.

Second off, eating foods that you know are harmful to your body just to prove your doctor wrong is not a healthy thing either. Your doctor doesn't care. He's proven that already by his bedside manner and his ability to just "write off" your health.

Thirdly, it sucks when your skin is no longer clear and comfortable. You have to take extra time when you are getting dressed to cover your breakouts so that your clothes don't get stained by or stuck on the lesions. And it is horrendously painful to try to heal your body again when you could've just skipped all of the irregular foods and just eaten what you know is right.

My lesson here: nothing tastes as good as clean skin feels. I promise. Donuts, pizza and fast food breaded deep-fried chicken fingers and fries... all three of those items have shown up in my diet at least once each week during the past 17 days, sometimes all three on the same day! Not only is this bad for my skin - it's bad for health in general.

My last blog title was that Doctors Just Suck... well, so do patients that try to take their anger out on their own body! How silly is that? Please take the lesson from me... it is not something you want to try yourself!

So, Dr. Adams, I just want to say to you that you are doing all of your patients a big disservice by not even talking to them about the possibility of them changing their diet to help themselves. What harm can it do? You're not pushing a carcinogenic drug or another drug that can cause a multitude of other bodily misfunctions or death. You're pushing health in all directions. Educate yourself and educate your patients and you may see less of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment